Mentor and Volunteer
The Stable is a Community Interest Company, essentially for the people, run by the people, so we are always on the look out for people and skills to support what we are trying to do. There's a few ways to get involved and volunteering has so many great benefits...
- Gain confidence. Volunteering can help you gain confidence by giving you the chance to try something new and build a real sense of achievement.
- Make a difference. Volunteering can have a real and valuable positive affect on people, communities and society in general.
- Meet people. Volunteering can help you meet different kinds of people and make new friends.
- Be part of a community. Volunteering can help you feel part of something outside your friends and family.
- Learn new skills. Volunteering can help you learn new skills, gain experience and sometimes even qualifications.
- Take on a challenge. Through volunteering you can challenge yourself to try something different, achieve personal goals, practice using your skills and discover hidden talents.
- Have fun! Most volunteers have a great time, regardless of why they do it.
Mentors and Coaches
Can you volunteer your skills, resources and network to support our members and tenants to set up their digi, tech enterprises and initiatives?
Could you run a free workshop, provide some one to one support, help them to write a business plan, understand book keeping, or just be on the end of a phone or email if they get stuck and really need someone to ask?
Could you be someone’s inspiration? Someone they could turn to when they doubt their ideas, and want to run it past someone?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Other ways to Volunteer
We also regularly need volunteers for events and day to day stuff, as well as to train as Stable Geeks (Techy Community Outreach Workers)
A list of our current volunteering opportunities are below - Click on the links to find out more
Want to get involved
- Come to one of our monthly meet-ups
- Email us
- Pop in for a coffee
- Come to a Volunteering Open Day